[SLUG] Elx - Internet reboots my computer

From: Kenneth W Hansen (khansen46@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 13:03:54 EDT

There was an individual talking about versions of
Linux that would be easy for a Windows user to switch
to, and it got me trying to remember why I quit using
Elx last year. I installed it the other day. All works
well, except when I connect to the internet. As soon
as I get logged in, my computer immediately shuts down
and reboots. It doesn't power down - it immeditely
shuts off, as if it had been unplugged.
I'm using a PC Tel 56 hsp modem. This is the only
version of Linux that has given me trouble.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Ken