Re: [SLUG] 3 hard drives and a file system

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 15:39:18 EDT

On Monday 07 April 2003 20:57, Derek Glidden wrote:
> I'm not knocking on ReiserFS in any way, it's just that XFS, in my own
> personal and professional experience (we've been all-XFS at NKS for
> probably over a year now, on at least dozens if not hundreds of
> machines) that it's the best journaling filesystem on Linux right now in
> terms of performance and reliability.

I too have lost data with Reiserfs numerous times. JFS is based on the OS/2
port, and I really haven't had much of a chance to play with it.

I'm still fond of ext3 with data logging, but we have had corruption now and
again. If you're a kernel purist, ext3 is still a favorite in most kernel
developer's minds.

I'll agree with Derek though, XFS is a robust filesystem that far exceeds the
performance and ease of maintenance of every other opensourced Linux
filesystem available.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)