Re: [SLUG] Konqueror problem

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 02:25:22 EDT

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 17:05, you wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 16:51, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Wow! quick reply ! I thought I might try deleting the .kde files
> > but was not sure if they would rebuild and really hose that one
> > user. Is that the case?
>
> You'll lose things like application preferences and various
> customizations. If you're worried you can just move the directories
> to a new name or to a temporary folder. Make sure you do this while
> not logged in.
>
> > And, are you referring to the main /tmp directory? If so there is
> > nothing in there that would cause it.
>
> They are hidden files. Try doing an 'ls -a' to make sure.

Hi Kwan,

Thanks for your continued tutelage. Deleted .kde in that users home as
root. Also went into /tmp and renamed every possible file that could
have anything to do with it and deleted two lock files. Didn't help.

Now here is what is interesting: Konqueror will not open from "home"
or any of the folder files on the desktop such as her "games",
"windows" access etc. BUT, if I use the KDE popup menu, Konquereor
will open from the "Quick Browser" I fooled around with Control
Center changing settings etc. but that did not help. Very strange and
very frustrating. Now, if I could figure out what the difference is
between calling Konqueror from the "Quick Browser" vs "home" or any
other folder from the same menu, I might be able to solve this.

Any ideas? And if anyone else is reading this thread and might have an
idea, please respond!!

Bob S.