[SLUG] RE: Kernels and Kenneth

From: Maureen L. Thomas (res1ydl9@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 02:46:52 EDT

    When I first started with Mandrake I tried the upgrade route and it
never really worked right. So now I just do a clean install using the
same partitions I had. I go into the expert mode and when it asks which
partitions to format I do all of them except for my /home. I also
learned the hard way to delete the .kde in my home directory first.
 That way when I upgrade my KDE desktop it doesn't get messed up.
    I had your problem with the 9.0 disks. After many retrys I finally
got a complete distro install. My disks came from overseas (normally I
get them from a US source) so I figured that was the problem. I am
currently waiting for my 9.1's so I can't specificly address the issue.
 Do you use the ISO's from their web site or did someone else burn them
for you? Maybe you can get another copy of 9.0 and try from there. Maureen