Re: [SLUG] Linux Networking with IPTABLES

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 14:09:53 EDT

Not sure about the specific commands and all, but your
configuration should be something like the following:

Internet - Cable Modem - Router

Router - Internal network - PC1, PC2, PC3, etc.

What you asked about, and please, everyone, feel free
to correct me, is to configure IPTables for routing
network connectivity to all machines, and using IPSec
to establish an ACL --- Deny all, Allow PC1 for
TCP/UDP access from Router, where PC1 is the computer
you want a connection to from the internet.

I think the access is granted/denied through IPsec.
Is that correct? And IPTables is the routing
facility?

Thanks,
Rob