RE: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Michael Farrington (mfarring@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 10:53:41 EDT

The body shop - got more info on it?

-----Original Message-----
From: slug@lists.nks.net [mailto:slug@lists.nks.net] On Behalf Of VT
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:24 AM
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

At 11:15 PM 4/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Well im not a member but, dont the electronic frontieer foundation deal

>with stuff like this? They
>are supposed to lobby for the better of the industry arent they? I also

>would be down for creating
>some kind of IT bussiness. Personally I think we could run things a
hell
>of alot better than most
>corperations currently are!
>First thing we need to do is get a bussiness plan... WE DO I.T.
ALL..(HEHE
>:-))

I'm going to de-lurk for a moment on the employment issue. There's a
concept out there called a 'body shop'. Essentially it's a company that

hires skill workers to other companies. The body shop takes care of all

the billing, paying the individual, taxes, and some even do group health

insurance (the individual pays the whole amount, but at a lower group
rate). This allows workers to still work like a consultant while having

some support for all the pain-in-the-rump back-end office stuff.

Another thing, if you get a company together with a bunch of IT people,
make sure you have a good bookkeeper to do all of those things like,
filing
taxes, making invoices, depositing money, paying people, et. all.

Re-Lurking now.

VT

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.