Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: chris clement (chris@ozline.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:52:53 EDT

E & O insurance is also a consideration. Back during Y2K it was almost
impossible to get. It's not cheap.

Lobbyists and callgirls may also be needed to get any work from some
organizations. I successfully low-bidded the Pinellas Cty School Board with
several former Verizon workers but never got any work Verizon, itself, has a
"select" list of approved vendors that is impossible to get on, even if it
brings in their own former workers at a big discount.

I would like to see a geek list of people that can quickly cross-train
others. Something like:
Joe - Linux,unix,AS400
Ben - AS400,Windoz,linux
Sue - MVS mainframe,SunO/S,unix

Most often we lack some little buzzword skill that can be understood/faked
in 5 minutes, learned in 2 days and skillfully applied in 2 weeks.