Re: [SLUG] a simple cygwin question... I think.

From: Jared Quedens (jared_quedens@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 17:20:41 EDT

--- Daniel MacLaren <daniel-slug@creag.org> wrote:
> If you want to run Postgres under Windows, why don't you install Postgres
> for Windows?
>
> ftp://ftp3.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/binary/v7.3.1/Windows
>
> Apache also runs natively under Windows. So I don't know why you are using
> cygwin to run these services.

I know that postgres, apache even tcl/tk have ports to windows. However the tcl/tk port does have
many different commands and options. My main goal is to write the scripts and test them on my xp
box and then move them over to my linux box. I already had apache, postgres and tcl, so why
download the ports? i didnt think id have any problems being apache and tcl work fine.. But I did
solve the problem (just posted the fix).. But if i didnt, I would have gone over to the windows
ports for shure. Thanx again for your help.. Just one more question, have you used postgres for
windows? and how is it?