Re: [SLUG] Filesystems

From: SpamFree (SpamFree@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:00:11 EDT

On Tuesday April 29 2003 05:30 pm, you wrote:
> I use ext2, because I'm too lazy to reinstall Debian && recompile
> ReiserFS or ext3 into my kernel, but I might in the future...
>
> On Monday, April 28, 2003 at 03:38PM -0400, Short SrA Christopher wrote:
> > I've been researching filesystems as of late and am curious what everyone
> > is using and why.
> >
> > Chris Short, SrA USAF
> > shortc@centcom.mil

This is a good point that I forgot to mention in my earlier post. Which ever
file system you choose to use, you must have support for it in your kernel.
With regards to ext3 most modern stock distro kernels already have support
built into the kernel. Some distros also have Reiser built into the stock
kernel but, not all do.