Re: [SLUG] iTronix XC-6000

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 20:10:06 EDT

Russ Wright wrote:

>Okay update on the systems. I have 200 of these little buggers and
>they are going to be set up with an OS plus word processor and email of
>some type. I'm trying to find out what happened to the power
>supplies...sheesh!
>

>Any suggestions for an OS and for word processor etc?
>
>Regards
>Russ

    Slackware 2 will run quite well with the limited resources that you
have. Full installation with everything only takes 275 megabytes. I
started with Slack2 on a 486-25 desktop with 16 megs of ram and had
respectable performance. I don't know how much laptop support you will
have with a release that early though.

    Jeff