Re: [SLUG] Filesystems

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 07:08:08 EDT

>We were thinking along the lines of Itanium based which is 64 bit.
>Again not sure if there is a stable linux 64 bit out there or not ???

I have a review of SuSE's Itanium-optimized server edition in hand
that'll run early in the week at http://DevChannel.org.

Both Russ Pavlicek, the reviewer, and Ion Computing Systems, the Long
Island-based company that supplied the Itanium server for the review,
liked it a lot. The Ion guys are so impressed that they are becoming
SuSE resellers.

SuSE has done some great work lately. I'm using 8.2 now, myself. Will
have a review of it up shortly, although it seems pointless since almost
everyone else has reviewed it and most have praised it highly.

- Robin