Re: [SLUG] Reviews of MSMQ

From: Brett Simpson (Simpsonb@hillsboroughcounty.org)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 08:54:53 EDT

The department that sent out the RFP (Request for Bid) had a company respond with a product that uses MSMQ. In order to reject the Bid we have to come up with some valid reason on why the technology is not feasable.

>>> awyatt@fewt.com 05/08/03 06:02PM >>>
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 17:40, Brett Simpson wrote:
> Does anyone know of any links that lay out all of the downsides to MSMQ? I have a department that's thinking of having a vendor dropping in a solution that uses MSMQ and since it's Microsoft I'm wary. Normally I would say no way but the manager types need something more.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/communications/msmq/msmq_qa.asp
>
> Brett

Why MSMQ over MQSeries?

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/integration/wmq/