Re: [SLUG] setting up vsftpd

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 09:20:59 EDT

> I'm currently in the process of setting vsftpd up before I start going
> back to school again. I've been scouring the net looking for a good
> howto that will tell me how to specify the number of server to start @
> boot time and also tell me how to properly create accounts that are
> restricted only to certain directories with either the ability to upload
> and download to that dir only or just to download from that dir only.
> Any tips?

Actually, I saw an ftpd on freshmeat yesterday, bftpd if I recall
correctly, that puts itself in a chrooted environment automagically, so
all you should have to do is set some directory permissions for your ftp
user(s). That might be a way to go if you're not settled on vsftpd.
Otherwise, I can't help, having never used vsftpd.

Levi