Re: [SLUG] Entertainment / software piracy may have just gottenlots cheaper...

From: Steven Buehler (sanctuaryweb@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 10:09:58 EDT

--[Quoting...]---
Even if they were to find some kick ass encryption
algorithm or disks that explode after their first use or WHATEVER -
there are still good ol' fashioned RCA cables and line-in jacks for the
ripping if it ever came to that. I feel almost as sorry for the
entertainment moguls as I do some of the unemployed techs out
there....../almost/.
--[End Quote]---

Even if they find some kick-a$$ encryption/authorization algorithm, my
experience has been that within six weeks some pimply-faced college hacker
named "-=*[3L337E $T00DINT]*=-" out there has posted the crack on Usenet.
:-) The Microschmuck Windows and Office XP activation codes was cracked
long before the final product even came to market. (All my copies are legal
by the way)

SWB