Re: [SLUG] Re: The potential of collaborative documentation (was:Roblimo Linux)

From: Andrew M Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 17:01:08 EDT

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> I had forgotten how awful the Internet was for most people until my
> laptop broke while I was on a business trip and my only Internet access
> was through Windows/MSIE in the hotel's "business center."
>
> All those popups!

Indeed. I've used Mozilla for quite a while now, and every time I have
occasion to use MSIE instead, I wonder how I ever lived without an option
to disable unsolicited JavaScript "open new window" requests.

The funny part is how so many advertisers feel threatened and "violated"
by this option... as if it's somehow mandatory to execute any and all code
on a webpage, regardless of browser capabilities or user preferences.