Re: [SLUG] UML Sanity Check

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 13:16:47 EDT

On Thursday 22 May 2003 12:47, SpamFree wrote:
> On Thursday May 22 2003 12:17 pm, you wrote:
> > Has anyone heard about Microsoft's new top-secret Windows 2003 based
> > "virtual server" platform? I've heard rumors that it may run Linux
> > images, and I'm trying to find out more information about it.
>
> Lordy! Ian, you can't go around dropping bombs like that. There's going to
> be a fire storm now. Are you trying to stress test the SLUG list server?

Heh. Derek says this may have something to do with their aquisition of
Connectix.

        http://rss.com.com/2100-1001-985357.html?type=pt&part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news

It looks like Microsoft is going to integrate a VMWare like subsystem into
Windows2003. Lets hope VMWare is entrenched enough by now, or at least more
stable/faster than Microsoft's offering.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)