Re: [SLUG] Domain Name Registration

From: VT (vt1@gte.net)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 19:11:54 EDT

At 06:20 PM 5/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello SLUGs,
>
>I think we hashed out DNS registration services about six months to a year
>ago. Back then there seemed to be something about as close to a consensus
>as we could get that godaddy.com had the best value and terms, but my
>memory might be failing. Is this still what people are thinking? Mine
>comes due in less than a year. I want to (try to) transfer it and get one
>or two more. I'm open to suggestions.
>
>On a related note, how about dynamic DNS services that put your DHCP IP
>addy into their DNS servers? Are they worth it? Are there any you like
>especially well? Why? I'd appreciate some views on that too.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Greg

I believe GoDaddy is now called Domains Priced Right. I've had domains for
over two years and they seem to work rather well. If you need a DNS and
domain service, look into eNom. They are a little more expensive, but they
have a very good web based DNS interface, and every domain you transfer
with them includes the DNS service as well.

VT