Re: [SLUG] Need help with .bin files!

From: Casey (casey@cmdrweb.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 19:49:41 EDT

The runtime environment was a pain to get going when I first started
using Linux. I remember what a pain it was to set up. With .bin files,
you can do the following ( there are many ways, but I use this one )
chmod 777 filename.bin. Then you can execute the command by typing
./filename.bin This will launch a license agreement for j2re. Now, the
next step is a little more interesting, and you will need it for running
java apps ( Limewire, JFTP, etc ). You can either add the path to Java
in your .bash_profile, which I have found works on some distros but not
others, or you can do the following.

In your /bin directory type in

ln -s /usr/lib/j2re1.4.1_02/bin/java java (or whatever your path to
java is) this goes for the next step to.

for the mozilla plugin

in your /mozilla/plugins directory type in

ln -s /usr/lib/j2re1.4.1_02/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
libjavaplugin_oji.so

Hope this helps
Casey.