RE: [SLUG] Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Linux

From: Christopher Pace (cpace@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 00:31:15 EDT

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 22:58, Joe Brandt wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 21:30, Josh Tiner wrote:
> > Lemme make sure I'm understanding this right... this game is a first
> > person shoot 'em up for linux that is completely free and doesn't
> > require any hax0ring and or stealing to get working out of the box?

There is also another fantastic first person shooter for free but
unfortunately is windows based. It should be out for linux this summer
though. The graphics, gameplay and effects are, IMHO, second to none.
And the best part about this is that it is free (well actually you paid
for it with your taxes 'technically').

www.americasarmy.com

screenshots of current version:
http://www.americasarmy.com/operations/media.php

screenshots of new version demo'd at E3:
http://www.americasarmy.com/e3/screenshots.php

Again, its for WinBlows but there is a version scheduled to be release
soon (as in this summer) for Linux.

Pace