Re: [SLUG] Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Linux

From: Brad Smith (brad_stephenssmith@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 08:27:42 EDT

Well, unfortunately 'any' is too strong a word, but you can get the Linux binaries for just about
all of id's games from their website. Just follow the links to the download section for the game
you want (the main 'download' link on their site doesn't work yet) and choose the linux version
instead of the win version. Ditto for Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2003. Oh, and
Neverwinter Nights has a beta version for Linux as well. Let's see, another great one is Vendetta,
which is a space flight game that is 100% free (beer) and available for win, lin and mac.

So there's a lot of game companies that are paying attention to Linux now and several who have
been for many years. Have fun! =:)

A good place to start might be http://www.linuxgames.com or the Linux Game Tome at
http://happypenguin.org/