Re: [SLUG] TCO - why won't it go away?!

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 17:41:43 EDT

I, as an unemployed yankee expat, have just read the M$ TCO report and
am now thoroughly convinced. I will switch my Gentoo workstation
running Eclipse to MS Server 2003 and the .Not Studio (formerly
codenamed after some neighborhood in/near Seattle, but never Tacoma) and
replace sendmail with a 2 seat Exchange server license for me and my
roommate. It all adds up: my previous system costed nothing and now I
will pay a lot. However I'll get M$'s famed support and the service
packs semi annually. Moreover, I will support the NW's ailing economy
and Boeing layoffs with much needed charity contributions. Another way
to help Seattle, by not supporting M$ is to buy a Boeing plane or, more
attainably, a Mac and Jack's Amber Ale made in their Redmond
microbrewery.