Re: [SLUG] cgi-bin and moveable type

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 23:18:51 EDT

[ My comment is below ]

On Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 10:43PM -0400, jeremy bowers wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Trying out moveable type for the first time, and I'm having problems.
>
> There don't seem to be many guides for navigating cgi-bin under apache
> with virtual hosts! (name based, of course)
>
> My problem is that I need to have a cgi-bin directory for EACH of my
> virtual hosts, and I can't figure it out to save my life.
>
> Anybody in the mood to help a noob?
>
> --Jeremy

Something like...

<Directory /home/*/pub/cgi-bin>
        options +ExecCGI
        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
</Directory>

... should work.

That works if your virtual hosts point to directories that match /home/*/pub,
which is what I do. :)

You could replace the <Directory> with <Location>,
I think. You could also use .htaccess files if apache is configured
to let you do that.

Not sure, but maybe you could also put the ExecCGI and the AddHandler
things in a <VirtualHost>...

Here's some links that might help:
  * http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#options
  * http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addhandler

*** BEGIN NOTE ***
Those does and my knowledge are Apache 1.3x based.
I have yet to use Apache 2.x
*** END NOTE ***

I hope that was helpful. :)

--
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too
dark to read.