[SLUG] Qt compiling

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 12:55:54 EDT

Hi All

I have Md 9.1 installed on my Thinkpad which eliminates most of the issues
that I had with Md 9.0. In that light I have just tried the copy command with
the following code and I will say thi much the new copy command is awsom.

Currently, I am trying to set up the Qt compiler so that I may again attempt
to start to learn a little bit of programming.

-----
In that light I have located Qt to be in the following directory.

bash-2.05b$ locate bin/designer
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/designer-real
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/designer
/usr/bin/designer-qt3

-----
>From the above I adjusted the complier parameters to be as follows:
gcc -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -lqt -o
       helloworld Helloworld.cpp

-----
The Helloworld program which was copied from Worx's site of example files for
the O'Reilly "Programming with Qt" book follows: This is identical line for
line the program shown on paper in the book so it should be correct.

#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qlabel.h>

int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
   QApplication myapp( argc, argv );

   QLabel* mylabel = new QLabel( "Hello World" );
   mylabel->resize( 80, 30 );

   myapp.setMainWidget( mylabel );
   mylabel->show();
   return myapp.exec();
}

-----
When I attempt to complile I get the following:

helloworld.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
helloworld.cpp:8: no matching function for call to `
     QLabel::QLabel(const char[12])'
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qlabel.h:162: candidates are:
     QLabel::QLabel(const QLabel&)
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qlabel.h:65: QLabel::QLabel(QWidget*,
const QString&, QWidget*, const char* = 0, unsigned int = 0)
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qlabel.h:63: QLabel::QLabel(const
QString&, QWidget*, const char* = 0, unsigned int = 0)
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qlabel.h:61: QLabel::QLabel(QWidget*,
const char* = 0, unsigned int = 0)

-----
My assumption is I do not have the gcc complile parameters correct.
I would appreciate it if anybody sees the problem and could furnish a wee bit
of guidance.

Thanks
Frank