Re: [SLUG] Ready for your computer to be destroyed?

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 12:12:48 EDT

I agree - it would definitely become an all-out war between the general
public and the enforcement agency attempting to carry this out. I'd also
be amused to see said enforcement agency's efforts to attempt a remote
destruction on a reasonably secure system. "Hey, I just checked my logs,
and it looks like riaa.gov has been trying to destroy my computer for the
last 6 weeks...oh well, my tax dollars have to go somewhere!"

The story also mentioned that Sen. Hatch is a composer, which is
presumably the reason for much of his concern. Well, have no fear, for I
solemnly vow that nary a one of the various musical works of one Orrin
Hatch will never cross my LAN. (...nor my CD player, nor even my
eardrum(s))

Levi