Re: [SLUG] Ann: Tampa Bay Java Users Group Meeting

From: Curt Johnson (cjohnson@arrayservices.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 15:18:26 EDT

It's to cover the catering. We are trying to have free meetings every
couple of months and a more "professional" meeting in between which will
typically include dinner and a presentation. The last meeting was a
catered dinner meeting with a speaker that Sun flew in. The meeting
before that was an informal get together with no cover. So far, everyone
has been pretty happy with this approach. We have some members who come
from the AS/400 Users Group which has always been a catered dinner and
presentation and some of us who come from Linux Users Groups which, as
you know, tend to be a bit more free. This is seen as a good compromise
that makes everyone happy.

If you would like to have more input on this, please feel free to join
the mailing lists, where we are happy to take suggestions.

--Curt