[SLUG] Cups revisited

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 10:57:28 EDT

Two things:

First, I am trying to install a parallel printer that is hosted by one
of the MS workstation on my network and make it available to everyone.
I just do not know how to identify the path on my Cups GUI installation
screen!
Is it ipp://<computer host name>/<printer name>/lpt1 or one of the other
many options? I just don't understand the terminology they are using.

Second: I am running RedHat 8.0 and used the version of Cups that come
on the installation disks and had absolutely no problems installing it,,
well except for the jerk in the next office who is secretly in love with
MS. And in answer to the person who asked if I had my files in a safe
place,, yep! I have access to the Cups GUI password protected.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"