Re: [SLUG] kde theme issues

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 20:43:02 EDT

On Thursday 26 June 2003 16:53, vern wrote:
> Hey all,
> i have done a really bad thing.
> I downloaded a matrix kde theme, installed it and it has since rendered
> my kde useless. everything crashes, cant get into any thing to
> uninstall/unload it. i have tried the control center as root but it
> doesnt show there as i did this as a regular user.
> So, is there some way i can unload this thing ?
> any magic command line stuff ?
>
> thankfully i didn't wreck my gnome desktop as everything lives there
>
> thanks for any help,
> vern
>
> the price you hafta pay for trying to be cute....

What distribution are you using?

If it is a RH or Md box set you may be able to recover by doing an update.
You definitely can if you configured your HD where home and root are on
different partitions. If not it would depend on the system usage.

Another approach that you can use on RH or Md is remove KDE from the system
and then reinstall it.

Be careful with these procedures though you may loose certain configuration
settings but I personally have never found that to be a proble.

SuSE I am not sure of but most likely that is possible too.

If it is something else I don't know.

Frank