Re: [SLUG] Linux on a business card

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 02:51:29 EDT

> I'm by no means an expert in this area, but I personally have opted not
> to use RH because they seem to be trying to go the way of MS - totally
> proprietary and willing to charge as much as they think they can get
> away with.

   I looked into RH originally, I found the same thing, I found a free
version of LINUX and non-proprietary, I upgraded from winblows 3.11 (which
I couldn't get to run right, no mater what I did) to Slackware in June 1997.
   I am totally happy, I have tons of questions and some things are
extremely slow to resolve, but I love it. I have one confusor,
but I could put the free downloaded version (9.0 the latest!) on
10,000 computers and it would be fine with Slackware.com
I purchase the 4 CD set every other version to support Slackware.com
   I have very little money, so $34.95 + shipping is hard for me to
come by.

--
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC