RE: [SLUG] Dual-boot laptop

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:57:34 EDT

> That is, of course, unless you want to pay an extra $250 each over the
> license amount for software assurance.
> It guarantees you that if M$ comes out with a new version of their
> bloatware... excuse me, software... within two years, you will receive an
> upgrade copy for free. I may be wrong, but I think you have to request the
> new version though. I don't think its an automatic thing.

If?! Their release cycle time is rapidly converging on 0, which makes a
nice contrast to their pricing, which is diverging toward infinity. 1995,
1998, 2000, 2001, ...

The only thing about the "software assurance" is that the system
requirements (which also seem to be diverging) for the next release will
be such that you'll need to purchase new workstations (complete with
windows tax) (and then new licenses) in order to meet them.

Levi