Re: [SLUG] Help with crashed KDE

From: Matt Miller (Matt.Miller@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 10:05:18 EDT

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 20:37, Michael Fisher wrote:
> My Linux box crashed during a power outtage and now when it
> boots it flickers for several minutes and then says that the X-windows (KDE)
> is not configured correctly. I was reading the other day about someone
> who had problems with themes could just wipe out a directory and it would
> rebuild. Is this possible? I can get to a prompt fine. I don't want to
> reinstall
> as I just finished editing all the source files for a game compile ran
> successfully.

You could try this --
As a superuser, run:

# XFree86 -configure

The command above will try to automagically recreate your XF86Config-4
file, which is the key file for communicating with the keyboard, video
and mouse in X.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche