Re: [SLUG] Help with crashed KDE

From: vern (v.peace3@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 17:18:04 EDT

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 20:37, Michael Fisher wrote:
> My Linux box crashed during a power outtage and now when it
> boots it flickers for several minutes and then says that the X-windows (KDE)
> is not configured correctly. I was reading the other day about someone
> who had problems with themes could just wipe out a directory and it would
> rebuild. Is this possible? I can get to a prompt fine. I don't want to
> reinstall
> as I just finished editing all the source files for a game compile ran
> successfully.

When i had misconstrued my kde desktop, i deleted everything under
~/.kde and everything rebuilt just fine.
A flickering desktop sounds more like a xf86 configuration issue
(hardware) to me rather than kde. But i have been wrong before. Maybe
check the refresh rates and video settings for your monitor ?