[SLUG] Disk archiving

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 08:20:30 EDT

I am beginning research into disk archiving of all of our paper based
sales and customer service data. My intention is not to go back and
re-enter all the old data but rather start at some point archiving all
the new data. I want to stay with a Linux solution. Our hardware
supplier, CDW, says they have archiving solutions and will be happy to
discuss them with me, but I am sure that I will pay through the nose for
their "solution".

Does anyone have any experience with data archiving using Linux that you
will be willing to share?

Everything related to a customer or potential customer is referenced by
a customer number so I think that would simplify the solution. I want
everything including but not limited to the following: Initial
correspondence, proposals, art work, sales contracts, A/R documents,
payments and all correspondences.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"