Re: [SLUG] path locations

From: Andrew M Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 04:31:42 EDT

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

> I know that part of the path statement is located in /home/<user>/.bashrc
> and part is located in /root/.bashrc but I believe that there is another
> system location for another part of the path statement.

Somebody else already gave the appropriate answer, but just for future
reference, the initialization files sourced by a shell are usually listed
in the shell's manpage (often in the "FILES" section). The order in which
they get sourced, which may be relevant as well, should be also be
documented there.