Re: [SLUG] Postfix, Qmail, or....

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 00:55:47 EDT

Mike wrote:
> Thank you, one and all for all replies.
>
> I currently have Postfix and intend to stick with
> that. However, I find their site rather spartan when
> it comes to newbie help. Could anyone recommend a
> search area? Or would it be profitable to search your
> archives?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

If you're choosing postfix and you don't have any wierd requirements
that would push you to something else, you're probably making a good
decision.

I found it useful to join the postfix mailing list. The traffic is more
than I can keep up with, but I have a good archive of it on my hard
drive that I can search at will. The quantity/learning ratio is not as
good as this list, but it is still a very good list.

It's not nearly as newbie friendly as this list. There are a few folks
there who will readily, sometimes rudely, point out that someone asked a
stupid question (if there is such a thing). On the other hand, those
same folks are very often helpful. Spend a few months trying to keep up
with that list and you'll be well on your way to being a postfix guru.

I just try to have a thick skin, but mostly I try to L&L (lurk and learn).

Greg