Re: [SLUG] Cups printing problem

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 17:56:37 EDT

I'm assuming that you have the printers set up to print to SMB queues.

Alternatively, if you haven't tried this already, there is an LPR service
for Windows NT, 2K, and XP that is not installed by default but can be
installed using Windows Setup (that's how I do my printers in WinXP). Look
for "Unix Printing Services" in Windows Setup. Then all you need to do in
cups is change the queue path to lpd://<server>/<NT printerqueue>, i.e., for
my deskjet it's lpd://192.168.1.101/deskjet5550.

SWB