Re: [SLUG] Fw: End nears for Netscape browser

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 08:07:50 EDT

Actually, Microsoft isn't going to produce any more *stand alone* browsers;
they still intend to produce "improved" versions of Internet Explorer, but
they will be incorporated into future releases of the Windows O/S rather
than released stand-alone.

There really is not much more that can be done on web browsers without any
new HTML or other standards coming out any time soon. Perhaps the XML
rendering engines can be improved but other than that there's no other place
to really improve except for streamlining the code. They're hitting the
same kind of creative roadblock with Office (the only significant
improvement in version 2003, due out later this year, is access control,
along with a jazzier user interface).

SWB