Re: [SLUG] OO Writer Question

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 07:16:18 EDT

Update

What file checkers say is that all the non marked delete words from spell
check have been checked. Problem is all words are marked as delete from spell
check.

I have tried that file in OO Writer, Kword, Abbie Word, and MS Office Word XP
with the same results. This is a dual boot box set up so Windows and Md 9.1
will see a common data set.

I have observed this same situation on Star Office 5.1 and was one of the
major reasons that I utterly hated Star Office. There were a few other other
idicies too.

Not to be outdone MS Office Word 95 also has the same effect. I can transfer
the file from my laptop and spell check it in my Win 98 desktop with the same
results.

Before my Zenith laptop crashed I would transfer similar files to it and
perform spell check in Word 4. That worked. But that is not an option
anymore.

I just discovered this morning that I can spell check this file in Lotus word.
It seems that the old simple word processors work. The new modern updates
super wham-doom word processors fail.

What would be nice is if some one could advise how to reset the file so that
all words would be spelled checked with our saving the file as text,
reloading, and the reformatting.

This seems to be a lot of work to have to go through because of cutizie.
Recall the old programs do work.

Frank