RE: [SLUG] System configuration proposal

From: Matt Miller (Matt.Miller@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 13:43:56 EDT

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 10:23, Levi Bard wrote:
> Now, are there other worthwhile alternatives that I'm missing? For
> example, a few years ago, a matrox millenium was a good choice for a linux
> system. However, matrox's new line is WAY too pricey for me. ( The
> nvidia card I'm looking at is about $120. )

I do not really know. It seems like the last 50 or so (non-headless)
machines I've loaded have had either an ati or nvidia chipset. I have
also setup machines with Cirrus Logic, older Matrix cards, and Savage
chipsets, but I don't remember anything remarkable about them.
IMO, going with nvidia is your current best bet for both price and
performance.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche