[SLUG] Clustering

From: btt@nethouse.com
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 16:42:57 EDT

One of the Trade Mags we get here had a nice little supplement[1] on
Linux Clustering this month. Things were kinda slow today, so I was
reading through it and I think I'd like to give it a go.

I have a Athlon 1.4 and a Celeron 866 that I'd be able to devote to
the cluster. I figured I'd go with openMosix, mainly because it's
right there at the top of the article listing :D -- no really, it
seems like it is pretty easy to set up, and it has been around for a
while, apparently.

Well, anyway, that's what I'm gonna be doing this weekend. If anyone
has an old, but working system laying around, I'd be interested in
possibly buying it to add to the hive, provided I can get the two
communicating properly.

You know, now that I think about it, if setting up openMosix goes
really smoothly, I'll just wipe it and try the OpenSSI one next, to
see the difference, etc... then set up SETI@Home or something.

[1] <http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2003/0313/index.html>