[SLUG] linux ide wierdness

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 08:58:19 EDT

Hi all,

I'm installing Core Linux Distro on an old IBM PC350
P100 and I'm getting some strange things happening to
the ide devices... hdc is set to first hard drive, hdd
is set to second hard drive, and hda is set to the
cdrom. I've double check the cabling. The hard
drives are plugged into the primary ide port and the
cdrom as master into the secondary ide port. The Bios
even agrees with me.

So Why doesn't linux recognize the hard drives as hda
and hdb?

Anyone experience anything like this before?

Thanks,
Rob