Re: [SLUG] Looking for a firewall

From: thor_consulting@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 04:29:09 EDT

i don't think this is a good idea - filtering packets based on arbitrary
strings that is.

after reading up on this vulnerability i can only assume you are using
neither apache nor iis as your server.

both of these have workable solutions.

i guess my first question is why not and my second question is how does this
vulnerability affect the vendor?

i am very interested in finding a solution to this as well.

thanks,
thor