Re: [SLUG] Good, Fast and Cheap?

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 10:01:17 EDT

    I need to side with Doug here.. my folks used to
say that at the end of the day.. when you close your
eyes.. its just you and your conscience.

  My personal feelings ( not to be misconstrued as the
feelings of anyone in management [standard disclaimers
apply]..

   There are far to few people in "Management" or
Corporate America.. or what ever you would like to
call it.. that seem to have the morals/ ethics of your
average alley cat.. I know.. its not a flame..
shutting up now :)

Mark

--- Douglas Koobs <dkoobs@dkoobs.com> wrote:

> > I need the income, but should I compromise my
> standards?
> >
> > Any advice?
> > Russ
>
> I'm no coder, but I've been in a similar situation.
> My advice:
>
> Compromise your standards only long enough to find
> employment elsewhere
> that meets your standards. Beware!!! Don't let this
> go on too long, or
> you'll become too comfortable with the low
> standards!
>
> This may sound like "selling out", but you've got to
> keep the bills paid...
>
> Doug

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> official policy or position of NKS or any of its
employees.