Re: [SLUG] earthlink smtp

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 17:10:20 EDT

Re:
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Coulter" <wrcoulter30@yahoo.com>
To: <slug@nks.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] earthlink smtp

> Ok, what do you do with this smtpauth.earthlink.net? I have mindspring
which is part of
> earthlink, and I recently had to change everything over to the earthlink
stuff. What are you
> doing with this smtpauth.earthlink.net? I don't quite understand it.

Ok This was so I can send e-mail remotley from my Road Runner connection
through my Earthlink/mindspring account.
If you do a regualr

smtp.earthlink.net or mail.earthlink.net they will reject access to these
servers even with password and logon.
so they have a server smtpauth.earthlink.net this smtp server is a
authorized with logon to remotley send e-mail

To make it more convient I can click on mail from either side my road runner
or earthlink and reply without only being able to respond from
the road runner mails only!

Now if they had remote newsgroup access that would be icing on the cake then
I would basicly have high speed service both ways for both accounts.