[SLUG] SCO and Linux Code

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 08:46:25 EDT

Hi All

Well the SCO's fireworks finally happened happened but alas thy were not in
Los Vegas but on line.

Since it was very apparent that nobody read the last half or understood my
posting concerning SCO Los Vegas fireworks I will be less circumspect this
time.

A review of the code shown by SCO in Los Vegas may be seen here.
http://perens.com/Articles/SCOCopiedCode.html

A continuous review of the SCO fiasco may be read here. There are comments too
which I have observer are not viewable by Konqueror [at least my Konqueror
that is] but are viewable by Mozelle.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0120124/

To my knowledge none one yet or if so I am unaware of the site has improved on
the Forbes article of ownership which explaining who is behind SCO. I have
observed no article or information on who is behind "The Canopy Group" so
what the real agenda SCO is perusing is still in question. Anyway that
article is still available at
http://www.forbes.com/2003/06/18/cz_dl_0618linux.html

Also consider since that there are numerous players in the Unix/Linux arena
besides SCO, IBM, and Red Hat it would not be supprising that there will be
several more major fireworks shows eliminating various aspects of the
plundered from different prospectives. The most important of these of course
is who is backing "The Canopy Group" and what other supprises do they have
squirreled away.

The above references are posted as this is my last post on SCO. I had intended
for the posting on SCO's Los Vegas Party to be my last but since I apparently
was so circumspect nobody really understood it an am again posting much the
same source information in a more direct fashion.

Thanks
Frank