RE: [SLUG] Satellite Access

From: Meyer, David R (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 21:01:38 EDT

Frank,

I used to carry a satellite line when I had my business...it is in no way cheaper than DSL or cable. However, let me offer this suggestion.

I was spending over $100.00 per month on my phone bill, and another $45.00 per month for the cable (modem...I don't have cable TV...too cheap).

I dumped my Verizon phone and went with Vonage (http://www.vonage.com) and now all my calls go over my Internet connection. Remember that $100.00 I used to spend...now I pay a max of $38.00 per month (that has been my highest bill yet). I still pay my cable modem cost, but I save $60.00 per month.

I don't know if that sounds interesting to you, but if so, check it out...it really made a difference for us.

Dave