Re: [SLUG] winswap as linux swap

From: Mike (mars03@mail15.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 21:49:27 EDT

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:33:44 -0400 (EDT)
"Levi Bard" <levi@bard.sytes.net> wrote:

> > Generally it's a partition under *ix. You can also use a file. There's
> > even a way to use Windows' swap file if you double-boot.
>
> Yeah, I wish I'd known that years ago when I was dual-booting. I had very
> limited space on my drive (actually a "restore" partition from the
> original manufacturer install), and my swap partition took too many
> precious MBs.
>
> Levi

There's a way to use windows swap as your linux swap??
I have a 1 gig swap partition (yeah i know that huge, but i have the space and use graphics/music/video apps ;) ) I also have a seperate linux swap partition. Anyone have a link on how to do this. I have a seperate partition for photoshops swap, and am going to try to use this as swap for the gimp as well. It's fat32.
Thanx