Re: [SLUG] image manipulation

From: kwan@digitalhermit.com
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 10:59:11 EDT

> I want to be able to parse through a subdirectory of image files and check
> image size, and resize to about 90K . I see that there is a built in
> command
> or script for konqueror to build a thumbnail page (html) of an image
> subdirectory, so I assume this kind of thing has been done before.
> Can anyone point me to something prebuilt, or should I just dig in and
> write
> my own script? My research so far makes me think that I can use perl and
> it's
> Magick module to do this.

In case you didn't get a reply yet:

Yes, you can use the ImageMagick tools to create thumbnails and resize.
You can use the 'convert' utility to do the gruntwork of resizing the
image, rotating, changing to different format, etc.. You'll need to use
the 'quality' flag to set the compression level.

Doing a search for 'album' on freshmeat.net will return a bunch of useful
pre-rolled tools.