[SLUG] EFF Newsletter - Action Alert: Linux Users Unite to Stop SCO!

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 07:25:23 EDT

>From the latest EFF newsletter I just recieved...

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

* Action Alert: Linux Users Unite to Stop SCO!

The SCO Group, Inc. recently announced that it plans to sue individual
Linux users if they refuse to pay the company a $700 licensing fee. This
is an effort designed by SCO to bolster its licensing claims against IBM
and Red Hat by beating up on people who can't afford a multimillion-dollar
defense. SCO hasn't proven that it has a right to collect this money at
all, so its attempt to hold end-users liable is a terrible misuse of the
legal system. Tell Congress that SCO's tactics are unacceptable!

Tell Congress to stop SCO:
http://action.eff.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=2775

Become an EFF Member today:
https://secure.eff.org

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

Please follow the link above and send a message to our representatives. Lets
help the EFF to try to put an end to this SCO nonsense. I also urge you to
send this link to anyone who may be concerned about SCO who is not on this
list.

<opinion> I believe that as users of [GNU/]Linux and OSS we should do
everything in our power to protect our rights and the rights of the
developers. Many of you ask how you can help the Linux and OSS community as
you are not programmers. THIS is one of the ways you CAN help.</opinion>

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net