[SLUG] sobig question

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 02:02:21 EDT

Hello Sluggers

Please excuse my ignorance.

Running SuSE8.2 and Kmail.

Like many of you, I have received hundreds of the annoying e-mails
containing the sobig.pif file. Of course I just delete them (after
waiting many minutes to download) Reported it to myISP and they have
blocked one of the major offenders in Hong Kong. OK, no big deal, just
another annoyance because of the MScrap.

My question is though, why am I getting many bounce messages from
various places that MY messages are being blocked to places that I have
never sent an e-mail to.

Can somebody explain the dynamics here, so that I understand what is
happening?

Bob S.