Re: [SLUG] Uh Oh! HDA Errors!

From: thor_consulting@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 11:02:59 EDT

my HD's (Maxtor) are NOT making noises and the "noise" i was referring to
was the ever increasing loudness of head-seek chatter and spindle whine.

i have a 2.5 GB Maxtor that whines like an old B&W TV but it still works
great after over 40K hrs of operation.

tip: when the whine gets too loud flip the HD over (think 6 axis') - 8^)

honestly - i have used and abused HD's from several manufacturers both
professionally and personally and Maxtor beats them hands-down.

note: some of the high-end SCSI drives from Quantum outperformed everything
else for a while which is probably why Maxtor bought them.

just my buck-two-eighty...

thor